The key to our success with headache sufferers is our thorough and detailed assessment of the physical and environmental stresses.
Work stress, poor sleep, long hours in front of the computer all compete to cause tight neck muscles and joints which are a major cause of headaches. Our Manipulative Physiotherapist and Physiotherapists have the appropriate skills to treat your headache and return you to work pain free.
- Dull/Sharp Ache or throbbing pain in the head or upper neck
- Pain can be constant / intermittent, commonly in the temples or forehead
- Pain can refer to jaw, face, neck or shoulders. Pain can refer from neck and shoulders into the head and face.
- Pain can last minutes or days
- Often associated with stiff neck and tight muscles in the shoulders
* Can be associated with dizziness, nausea and blurred vision
If you have any of these symptoms, we can help you at Elizabeth Street Physiotherapy on (03) 9670 3996
- A large group of headaches stem from problems arising in the neck. Increased muscle tension, sprains of the ligaments around the neck vertebrae can place pressure on the upper neck vertebrae which refers pain up into the head.
- Poor ergonomics such as sitting in front of the computer for long hours
- Poor sleeping positions such as too high a pillow or too soft. See our tip section of pillow choice to assist you in your best choice
- Work tension / stress
- Direct hit to head or neck / whiplash injuries such as injuries that occur after a car accident.
- Poor Sleeping
Our Physiotherapists approach headaches from all angles. The key to our success with headache sufferers is our thorough and detailed assessment of the physical and environmental stresses.
Work place assessments, sleeping position assessment, choices of pillow are all considered. We dig a bit deeper to ensure that treatment of headaches is not merely a patch but a plan for you to execute.
For treatment options see: